Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 00:08

The Minister of Chance - Audio"film"

Phil macht mit bei "The Minister of Chance" - einer Audio-Reihe, die man kostenlos im Internet runterladen kann.

Spenden werden gerne entgegengenommen - hier ist die Webseite des Projekts:

http://www.ministerofchance.com/The_Mini…hance/Home.html

Neben Phil macht auch Julian Wadham mit (der mit Phil in This House gespielt hat, und auch schon in Island of War), und Phils Frau ist auch mit von der Partie.

Die 1. Folge kann man hier herunterladen:

http://www.ministerofchance.com/The_Mini…e/Prologue.html

Jessie

Edit (Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 11.54 Uhr) : Sorry, mit Dank an Hammer11/TRA.

Edit (Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2012, 11.54 Uhr):

Hier wird die Doctor-Who-Connection erläutert:

http://www.shadowlocked.com/201101221325…o-spin-off.html

'The Minister Of Chance' a new Doctor Who spin-off
Saturday, 22 January 2011 20:44 | by Martin Anderson

As we can see, our two ex-Time Lords don't seem to be anything to do with a NASA-style tale, if the character names are anything to judge by, and in fact McGann's role is previewed as a 'galactic ambassador' (see below). SF fans may well know that Paul Darrow played the semi-wicked anti-hero Avon in the BBC's Blake's 7 in the 70s and 80s, and seems to have taken an ad out for his non-existent science bookstore below the crossword. Jenny Agutter's most iconic SF role as Jessica 6 in Logan's Run (1976) is also referenced in the crossword at the back of the newspaper, above an ad for her 'curios shop' (with a special interest in time-pieces).

Well, a little investigation turned up a lot more on The Minister Of Chance: An official website, a Facebook page and a Twitter feed (with no posts at the time of writing).

The conceptual précis for the project that is given at the site reads: "Once Upon a Time there was a girl called Kitty who worked at an Inn. One night a stranger walked in, and through a door, and over a bridge made of frost and into another World, and Kitty followed him." Not all the 'Read more' and 'preview' links are working yet on the official website, but here's the outline of the first three episodes as provided there:

Prologue - The Pointed Hand
In which Ambassador Durian embarks upon a courageous peace mission to the primitive people of Tanto.

Episode 1 - The Broken World
In which Kitty tries stealth-shouting, is hit by a fireball and befriends the wrong creature.

Episode 2 - The Forest Shakes
In which Kitty finds herself in the dark, but not alone, and strange creatures troop the forest.

Rendition of the original 'Minister Of Chance' voice actor played by Stephen FryBased on these episode descriptions, it sounds like Doctor Who in reverse - where a Time Lord becomes a young girl's assistant.

The character of The Minister Of Chance is described at Tardis wikia as "a Time Lord who was a member of Fraction [a galaxy-roving group of Time Lords]. He was one of the surviving members when General Tannis killed most of the other members. The Minister was shown to be one of five Time Lords to survive the Second War in Heaven and the destruction of Gallifrey". Writer Colin Meek created the character for BBC audio, though no writing credits are evident yet on the official Minister Of Chance website.

The Minister Of Chance (2001)That's about as much as I can tell you about the Minister himself, since I have not listened to Death Comes To Time (which is a seventh Doctor webcast/CD adventure featuring Sylvester McCoy and also Sophie Aldred as 'Ace'). But if you want to see the actors involved in the new production, check out the Facebook page or the gallery below.

Of note is that Minister Of Chance is to be supported by its fans in the long run. The 'About' section of the official website does little to clear up what exactly the visual component of the show might be, but makes quite clear that if you want to see it continue, you'll need to support it by buying the episodes on iTunes (or whatever other subsequent legitimate delivery methods might eventually become available)...

The Minister of Chance is a new form of entertainment - a radiophonic drama - made using a combination of film and radio techniques and delivered by podcast. It is the first, but we hope not last, of its kind. By painstakingly constructing soundscapes we create worlds that you can drift into wherever you are.

Production is funded entirely by you. By buying the episodes and merchandise you are actively allowing us to complete the series.

The series will run in seasons of six episodes. The first two episodes and a prologue have been made and the remaining episodes and seasons will be created when we have enough sales to allow us to make them.

How you can help:

..buy the episodes, buy the merchandise, tell your friends, or if you are rich and very very nice then please donate to production.

Click the top-right icon in pop-up window to view image full-size; click the bottom-left blue 'Save' icon to save full-size image to your computer.

Jessie

Edit (Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2012, 12.09 Uhr):

Laut Hammer11/TRA steht Phil heute zusammen mit Paul McGann im Tonstudio (bzw. in dem Haus, wo sie aufnehmen ... siehe Fotos auf der Website). Gestern waren wieder Julian und Beth dran.

Jessie

Edit (Samstag, 8. Dezember 2012, 22.20 Uhr):

©Ian Nolan/ Radio Static 2010-12 www.ministerofchance.com

"The Minister and the Genie" ? ? ? ;)

Jessie

Edit (Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2012, 19.06 Uhr):

Alle bisherigen Links zum Runterladen:

Prologue

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Jessie
"Don't be such a jessie!" (Gene Hunt)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jessie« (9. Dezember 2012, 19:05) aus folgendem Grund: Credits, Link, Fotos, mehr Links

Samstag, 22. Dezember 2012, 21:21

Es gibt jetzt neue/mehr Fotos von Phil auf der "Minister of Chance"-Facebook-Seite:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a…40962804&type=1

Jessie

Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2013, 12:47

Trailer für Folge 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la8yHbJkM2c&feature=youtu.be

Veröffentlicht am 22.01.2013

Trailer for the upcoming Episode 4 of the acclaimed and award-nominated sonic movie The Minister of Chance, starring Julian Wadham, Lauren Crace, Jenny Agutter, Jed Brophy, Paul Darrow, Philip Glenister, Beth Goddard, Tamsin Greig, Peter Guinness, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann. FREE to download from www.ministerofchance.com

Jessie

Freitag, 15. Februar 2013, 15:02

Interviews mit Cast and Crew:

http://ministerchance.simplesite.com/177765696

Mit Dank an Claire Eden, die Produzentin.

Jessie

Samstag, 23. Februar 2013, 14:47

Folge 4

Folge 4 erscheint Ende der Woche - die Spender haben die Folge schon vorab bekommen. :D

Jessie

Edit (Freitag, 1. März 2013, 9.32 Uhr):

Hier der Link zum Download von Episode 4:

http://www.ministerofchance.com/The_Mini…/Episode_4.html

Jessie

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jessie« (1. März 2013, 09:31)

Montag, 15. April 2013, 17:57

Phils Interview für "Minister of Chance" ist endlich online (klar, kaum schau ich mal einen Tag NICHT, schon ist es da):

http://ministerchance.simplesite.com/177765731

Philip Glenister

The Summer King

If I say the name Philip Glenister I know people react by thinking ‘quality’. In preparing this profile page for him; thinking of roles I just must include, it becomes the proverbial loose wool on a jumper - the more I unravel, the more I pull out performances I have to reference. I know many of you will expect to see the now iconic ‘Gene Hunt’ up there as one of my main photo galleries, but the challenge of this piece has been keeping the list down!

We had to record Phil's Ep5 scenes very early on, amidst a block of Ep4 recording. He was about to fly to South Africa to film the fourth series of MAD DOGS for Sky and asked us to fit it in before he left. Now returned, he’s deep into the new David Walliams series BIG SCHOOL but he made time for us to have a chat last Sunday.

When I first asked Phil ‘what attracted you to the project’ – we both burst out laughing to “The Money”. Having composed ourselves, and started again.... My wife (Beth Goddard –Sunflower) came home 6lbs heavier from recording - said the cake was great! Seriously, she had a really good time working on it.... and then knowing I’d be working on scenes with Julian Wadham, with whom I’d just spent three months in THIS HOUSE, laughing at his stories, I knew I’d enjoy doing it too.

Had you come across crowd-funding before? No I hadn’t, but there’s something very refreshing and creatively stimulating about working on something you just want to make, without having to go through loads of red tape and layers of bureaucracy.

Apart from your recent performance in This House at the National, the audience has become very used to seeing you on screen in Film and TV lately – is audio a medium you enjoy? Absolutely - one of the draws of working in this medium is its immediacy; being quite an instinctive person that suits the way I work.

I know you worked with Catherine Tate in her own comedy series – you’re working with her again now on the David Walliams series aren’t you? Yes, Catherine, David, Frances de la Tour – it’s a great cast and producing team! Tony Dow is directing, (ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES, and ROGER ROGER in which Phil played Phil) and Jo Sargent is producing (MIRANDA, AB FAB). It’s known as BIG SCHOOL at the moment, although there’s always the chance titles may change, and it's a 6 x 30 minute comedy. We’ve had a first week of rehearsal and it’s going well so far! Phil is playing what he describes as an 'unfit gym teacher' and when we meet he's sporting a new hairstyle to which I now make reference ... and yes, it's for the show! He laughs and confides that he and the makeup designer have recently visited a salon in Westfield where they requested a bemused stylist give him very obvious highlights .. and do it badly...

And what’s the latest on MAD DOGS transmissions? Well series three is going out in June – I don’t have the exact date but I know it’s June, and will have Stanley Townsend, Anton Lesser and Jamie Winstone in it. Series 4 has all been filmed but I’m not sure how soon afterwards it will go out.

And your thoughts on Minister of Chance? Well you just don’t get that calibre of cast without it being a quality product!
LIFE ON MARS and ASHES TO ASHES

... and talking of 'quality product', as the iconic Gene Hunt he brought Garibaldi biscuits and " 'oops " back into vogue in LIFE ON MARS, set in the 1970s, working with his good mate John Simm as Sam Tyler. Subsequently taking Gene into ASHES TO ASHES which brought the series into the 80s and introduce Keeley Hawes as his new co-lead Alex Drake.

When you look through his cv you'll find some quality stage roles - he's 'given' his Oedipus and his Mercutio, as well as appearing in the marvellous Jonathan Harvey play BEAUTIFUL THING - but his recent role as Walter Harrison in THIS HOUSE at the National Theatre marked a return to the stage after an extensive period of screen work - a return he really enjoyed before going back to film more MAD DOGS for Sky1, with John Simm, Max Beesley and Marc Warren. Here's a gallery of some of my favourite of his tv roles, ranging from the wonderful Mack in CLOCKING OFF, to Carter in the cosume series CRANFORD and William Dobbin in VANITY FAIR.

and in Film...

MAD DOGS series 3 comes in June, and MAD DOGS 4 some time after that... he's also filmed the last POIROT with David Suchet, with whom he also worked on the thriller series HIDDEN last year (as well as with our very own Horseman, Peter Guinness). And filming seems to be going well on the new David Walliams comedy series BIG SCHOOL... In the meantime, we're working on Ep5, the season finale, of The Minister of Chance which introduces him as The Summer King. If you've read Julian Wadham's profile you'll already know that recording descended into chaotic hilarity; both know how to make it fun working together but nail the work!

Anyone buying a Minister Mogul perk will receive the episode ahead of general release, and there are still cast-signed posters and scripts available (including Phil), as well as the simple 'First Watch' perk... These are available from our website where you can also download the first four episodes for free.

Follow us on Twitter: @MinisterChance or on Facebook at Minister of Chance, or simply sign up for the newsletter, and we can keep you posted on the episode's release.

www.ministerofchance.com

Viele nette Bildchen inkl. einer LoM-Slideshow!

Mit Dank an Emma Jay/TRA.

Jessie

Freitag, 3. Mai 2013, 15:06

Diejenigen, die für das Projekt gespendet haben, erhalten heute Folge 5 (die mit Phil) vorab! :D

Jessie

Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2013, 10:55

Wer nicht länger auf Folge 5 (die mit Phil) warten will:

The Minister of Chance
vor etwa einer Stunde
anyone following @MinisterChance is welcome to enjoy the exhilarating season finale NOW, ahead of its general release... message us if you want the link and you're welcome to share that piece of information !

Jessie

Dienstag, 4. Juni 2013, 00:08

Folge 5 frei erhältlich

http://www.ministerofchance.com/

Folge 5 (die mit Phil) ist nun frei erhältlich auf der Website und bei iTunes.

Jessie

Donnerstag, 22. August 2013, 09:24

Das Crowd Funding für den Film läuft (ja, genau, den Film ... sonic movie hat wohl nicht gereicht ... mal schauen, ob es die gleiche Story wird und ob Phil wieder mitwirkt):

http://www.ministerofchance.com/#/make-the-film/4576565750/

Ein Besuch am Set kostet nur läppische £1.500,00! Aber für nur £15,00 kann man ein Ticket für die Statistenlotterie kaufen. Mit viel Glück ... oder genügend Tickets ... wäre man dann umsonst am Set mit dabei (und im Film!).

Sci-Fi Weaponry and Dimensional Doorways at Beeston Castle

Beeston Castle will be hosting The Minister of Chance team on the afternoon of Sunday 25th August. The Minister of Chance is a star-studded feature film being made in Cheshire, using the local landscape and locations. Producer Clare Eden, Director Dan Freeman, Props wizard Mike Kelly and crew members will be on hand to demonstrate the camera trickery they use to create alien weapons, rocketships, monsters and more. Families will be able to walk through the doorway that The Minister uses to travel between worlds, and there will also be a World premiere: the first public view and test-firing of the beautiful Crystal Compression Pistol carried by Durian (Paul McGann) in the film. You can find out more from www.ministerofchance.com or facebook.com/theministerofchance.

Mit Dank an Clare Eden, Produzentin.

Jessie

Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2014, 23:57

Der erste Teil des Films, der Prologue, ist jetzt fertig und für die Sponsoren zu sehen. Wer kein Sponsor ist, muß aber nicht leer ausgehen - man kann virtuelle "Kinokarten" für den Film kaufen und ihn dann anschauen. Eine DVD wird es auch geben, mit reichlich Bonusmaterial, diese kann man - wie auch Requisiten und Kostüme aus diesem Film - auf der Webseite erstehen:

http://www.ministerofchance.com/#!shop--cart/cac6

http://www.ministerofchance.com/#!sale/c11ef

http://www.ministerofchance.com/#!the-ministry/cfym

Phils Figur kommt ja erst im 5. Teil vor, schaun wir mal, wie es mit der Filmversion weitergeht.

Jessie