Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Montag, 19. August 2013, 22:38

Phils nächstes Projekt: "From There to Here" für die BBC

Phil spielt Daniel Cotton in einer neuen Serie, die sich mit den Bombenanschlägen in Manchester 1996 beschäftigt.

Es handelt sich wieder um eine Kudos-Serie ... sie haben es also doch geschafft, Phil zu überreden, wieder nach Manchester zurückzukehren ... nur leider 6 Jahre zu spät! ;-)

Mit Dank an Curmy/TRA, Phils Agenten und PhilipGlenisterFans:

http://philipglenisterfans.weebly.com/1/…%C2%A0%E2%80%A6

Jessie
"Don't be such a jessie!" (Gene Hunt)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jessie« (30. September 2013, 16:37)

Samstag, 14. September 2013, 21:49

Mit Liz White!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestn…re-casting.html

[spoiler]Stellar cast assemble for Peter Bowker's new BBC One drama, From There To Here

Date: 14.09.2013Last updated: 14.09.2013 at 10.09

Category: BBC One; Drama; Commissions and casting

From There To Here is produced by Kudos Film & Television for BBC One and stars Philip Glenister (Life On Mars, Mad Dogs), Bernard Hill (Five Days, Lord Of The Rings), Steven Mackintosh (What Remains, Inside Men), Saskia Reeves (Wallander, Luther), Liz White (Life On Mars, The Woman In Black), Daniel Rigby (Big School, Eric And Ernie) and Morven Christie (Hunted, 2012).

The drama begins in June 1996 on the day an IRA bomb destroyed much of Manchester's City Centre - the same summer England was united in optimism for Euro 96'.

From There To Here tells the story of a city, an era, and two families from different sides of the tracks whose lives are brought together in the aftermath of the bomb. The story spans the four years that changed Manchester and the country forever; from ‘Football’s Coming Home’ in 1996, to New Labour sweeping to power in 1997, and finally to the hangover after the Millennium celebrations of 2000.

With an epic sweep, From There To Here charts the tragic and comic misadventures of two families as Manchester is being rebuilt.

Daniel Cotton (Glenister) and his father Samuel (Hill) run a sweet factory and Daniel has the perfect Cheshire family, with his wife Clare (Reeves), son Charlie (Rigby) and daughter Louise (Christie). His rough diamond/street wise brother Robbo (Mackintosh) has a serious rift with his father, and is immersed in the rough urban life of Manchester where he runs a night club.

Daniel, Samuel and Robbo are caught up in the blast alongside hotel cleaner Joanne (White). Their survival of a near death experience provokes changes in their lives that soon spin out of control.

This story is told against the backdrop of a great northern city, which is reinventing itself in the face of adversity and massive socio-economic change. The material damage to the city is echoed in the fault line running through the Cotton family's fractured relations.

Peter Bowker, creator and executive producer, commented: "I wanted to write a love letter to Manchester - warts 'n all - and to do it through a family saga that captured something of the city's pace, life and humour. To attract a cast of this quality and a director of the calibre of James Strong is incredibly exciting and just about compensates for the presence of a City fan as executive producer in the form of fellow Mancunian, Derek Wax."

Speaking about the role, Philip Glenister said: "I'm really excited to be involved in such a terrific new drama written by Peter Bowker. Also to be working alongside such an outstanding cast and crew. And of course to be back filming in my adopted home town of Manc!"

Derek Wax, executive producer at Kudos, said: "I am so excited to be embarking on a new Manchester epic with Pete, so different in every way from our previous Manchester-based collaborations, Occupation and Flesh And Blood. In From There To Here, Pete brings to life a family, city and era with complexity, originality, scale and humour. And I am delighted that the project has attracted such a brilliant cast, as well as the wonderful director James Strong (Broadchurch)."

This 3x60-minute mini-series will begin filming in the Manchester area this month and is produced by Tim Bricknell (The Fear, Eric And Ernie), executive produced by Derek Wax (Occupation, The Hour) and Peter Bowker (Occupation, Eric And Ernie) for Kudos Film & Television and executive produced by Stephen Wright, Head of Drama BBC Northern Ireland.

From There To Here is directed by James Strong (Broadchurch, United) and was commissioned by Ben Stephenson, Controller BBC Drama Commissioning, and Danny Cohen, Director of Television, BBC (previously Controller BBC One).

CD5

[/spoiler]

Mit Dank an sunnynight!!!

Jessie

Montag, 16. September 2013, 12:46

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/se…here-manchester

[spoiler]
BBC1 drama From There to Here recalls 1996 Manchester bombing

Philip Glenister and Bernard Hill to star in 'a love letter to Manchester' from IRA bomb to Blair and the New Labour project

John Plunkett
The Guardian, Saturday 14 September 2013

The aftermath of the IRA bombing in Manchester in 1996. Photograph: Christopher Thomond for the Guardian

A new BBC drama will chronicle the closing years of the 20th century, beginning with the Manchester bombing in 1996 and ending with the post-millennium hangover, with an all-star cast led by Philip Glenister and Bernard Hill.

From There to Here is described by its author, Peter Bowker, as a "love letter to Manchester – warts 'n' all" – and will begin on the day that an IRA bomb ripped through its city centre.

The three-part BBC1 drama, which began filming last week, will also encompass Tony Blair's triumphant entry into Downing Street and the subsequent fate of the New Labour project.

"The story of how Manchester rebuilt and reinvented itself yet again was a microcosm of what came later," said Bowker. "[The bomb] was a terrible event, but it allowed something phoenix-like to rise from it."

Bowker's story begins with an attempted family reunion in Manchester city centre at the time the bomb went off, on the morning of 15 June 1996.

More than 200 people were injured by the largest peacetime bomb detonated in Britain, but remarkably no one was killed. On the afternoon of the same day, England played Scotland in the Euro 96 football championships at Wembley.

"I wanted to write about that summer because I thought that was where it all began," said Bowker. "Although it was the fag end of the Tory government it felt like a new Labour summer, it felt like we had already got a new dawn."

Philip Glenister on the set of From There to Here. Photograph: BBC

Hill – who played Yosser Hughes in Alan Bleasdale's 1980s drama Boys from the Blackstuff – and Life on Mars star Glenister play father-and-son owners of a sweet factory. Hill's character falls out with his other son, played by Steven Mackintosh, who owns a nightclub. Saskia Reeves and Daniel Rigby, who played Eric Morecambe in Bowker's acclaimed BBC biopic of Morecambe and Wise, also star.

Stockport-born Bowker, whose other credits include Occupation, about three soldiers adjusting to civilian life after Iraq, and Blackpool, the 2004 series starring David Morrissey as a deluded amusement arcade owner, said at its heart it was a story about family, but also politics.

"One of the characters gets very politically involved in New Labour and there's an attempt to explore some of the contradictions at the heart of that project," he said. "I am always fascinated by how political arguments are played out in families; what people say and imagine their politics to be, and how that contradicts with their day-to-day lives."

Made by Kudos Film and Television, which produced ITV's hit murder mystery Broadchurch, it is being directed by James Strong (who also directed the ITV drama). Executive producer Derek Wax said Bowker "brings to life a family, city and era with complexity, originality, scale and humour".

Bowker said: "I wanted to do in contemporary drama what costume drama is given the room and latitude to do: to explore something that is simultaneously about character and informed by bigger events and issues of the day. I think I said the same thing when I was pitching Blackpool years ago. In one sense, 1996 makes it a costume drama."

But Bowker played down comparisons with another BBC state-of-the-nation drama, Peter Flannery's acclaimed Our Friends in the North, from 1996, which spanned four decades rather than the four years of From There to Here. "That's one of the great TV dramas of all time, it's a big shadow to carry," said Bowker. "[My drama] may sound slightly grim, but there's lots of humour in it – gallows Mancunian humour."

Glenister said he was "really excited … to be working alongside such an outstanding cast and crew. And of course to be back filming in my adopted home town of Manc."
[/spoiler]

Jessie

Freitag, 20. September 2013, 09:34

Rachael Howarth ‏@rachaelhowarth 11h
So apparently John Simm and Philip Glenister are filming near Piccadilly. Hope it's the latest Life on Mars spin off rather than Mad Dogs!

Also John ist auch schon in Manchester?? Und sie filmen zusammen?????

Mit Dank an Curmy/TRA!

Jessie

Sonntag, 22. September 2013, 23:06

http://philipglenisterfans.weebly.com/1/…and-photos.html

Jessie

Edit (Dienstag, 24. September 2013, 13.12 Uhr):

Viele Sichtungen!

https://twitter.com/AdamCrolla/status/38…6590080/photo/1

Adam Crolla ‏@AdamCrolla

Today I’m working with Philip Glenister! Gene Hunt himself! pic.twitter.com/Nb1usRtdI2

christine parsons ‏@christi84104937 19 Sep
Good to know that Philip Glenister is filming in Manchester again.I hope the filming is going well and look forward to watching it.

Rachael Howarth ‏@rachaelhowarth 19 Sep
So apparently John Simm and Philip Glenister are filming near Piccadilly. Hope it's the latest Life on Mars spin off rather than Mad Dogs!

theoofoof ‏@theoofoof 22 Sep
Saw Philip Glenister filming in Manchester today! :D

Rachel Fox ‏@therealdaftbear 22 Sep
Ah ha. Philip Glenister is in this 80s themed film shoot.

Ben Burchell ‏@PaleBlueDotBen 21 Sep
Trip to the city centre over. Apart from seeing Philip Glenister out shopping, I also got over my pet hate of picking new glasses!

Helen Perkin ‏@helenjperkin 21 Sep
Just seen Philip Glenister in Manchester. Life is MADE

Susan Seddon ‏@007SuzeGirl 22h
Feeling a little jealous because one of my friends from College, texted me to say she saw Philip Glenister (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rov6p0

Jessie

Edit (Mittwoch, 25. September 2013, 11.20 Uhr):

Neues Bild vom Set!

https://twitter.com/kalpeshrana/status/3…0/photo/1/large

Kalpesh Rana ‏@kalpeshrana
HELP! Spotted some tv filming on the car park at Cross Street opposite Afflecks, on Sunday. NAME THE SHOW. pic.twitter.com/7yk3oo7Ptp

4:10 AM - 24 Sep 13

Jessie

Und noch eins (11.25 Uhr):

https://twitter.com/BradMundo1996/status…2/photo/1/large

Phil Glenister from Life on Mars @mundolufc pic.twitter.com/uwA0oU3Haz

7:27 AM - 22 Sep 13

Jessie

Edit (Donnerstag, 26. September 2013, 16.11 Uhr):

https://twitter.com/PrincessMhairi/statu…4212481/photo/1

MrsC ‏@PrincessMhairi
This makes me happy! #philipglenister Eek!! pic.twitter.com/Kw8GEVgMG8

8:49 AM - 25 Sep 13

Jessie

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jessie« (26. September 2013, 16:11)

Montag, 30. September 2013, 11:09

Neuer Bericht auf Phils Website:

http://www.philipglenister.com/latest/20…-there-to-here/

[spoiler]From There to Here

Posted September 28, 2013 by manager & filed under From There to Here, Television.

Philip is happy to report that filming is going well in Manchester on his new drama From There To Here.
Philip plays the lead in this 3×60-minute mini-series produced by Kudos Film & Television for BBC One. Also starring Bernard Hill (Five Days, Lord Of The Rings), Steven Mackintosh (What Remains, Inside Men), Saskia Reeves (Wallander, Luther), Liz White (Life On Mars, The Woman In Black), Daniel Rigby (Big School, Eric And Ernie) and Morven Christie (Hunted, 2012).

The drama begins in June 1996 on the day an IRA bomb destroyed much of Manchester’s City Centre – the same summer England was united in optimism for Euro 96′.

From There To Here tells the story of a city, an era, and two families from different sides of the tracks whose lives are brought together in the aftermath of the bomb. The story spans the four years that changed Manchester and the country forever; from ‘Football’s Coming Home’ in 1996, to New Labour sweeping to power in 1997, and finally to the hangover after the Millennium celebrations of 2000.

With an epic sweep, From There To Here charts the tragic and comic misadventures of two families as Manchester is being rebuilt.

Daniel Cotton (Phil) and his father Samuel (Hill) run a sweet factory and Daniel has the perfect Cheshire family, with his wife Clare (Reeves), son Charlie (Rigby) and daughter Louise (Christie). His rough diamond/street wise brother Robbo (Mackintosh) has a serious rift with his father, and is immersed in the rough urban life of Manchester where he runs a night club.

Daniel, Samuel and Robbo are caught up in the blast alongside hotel cleaner Joanne (White). Their survival of a near death experience provokes changes in their lives that soon spin out of control.

This story is told against the backdrop of a great northern city, which is reinventing itself in the face of adversity and massive socio-economic change. The material damage to the city is echoed in the fault line running through the Cotton family’s fractured relations.

Peter Bowker, creator and executive producer, commented: “I wanted to write a love letter to Manchester – warts ‘n all – and to do it through a family saga that captured something of the city’s pace, life and humour. To attract a cast of this quality and a director of the calibre of James Strong is incredibly exciting and just about compensates for the presence of a City fan as executive producer in the form of fellow Mancunian, Derek Wax.”

Speaking about the role, Philip said: “I’m really excited to be involved in such a terrific new drama written by Peter Bowker. Also to be working alongside such an outstanding cast and crew. And of course to be back filming in my adopted home town of Manc!”

Derek Wax, executive producer at Kudos, said: “I am so excited to be embarking on a new Manchester epic with Pete, so different in every way from our previous Manchester-based collaborations, Occupation and Flesh And Blood. In From There To Here, Pete brings to life a family, city and era with complexity, originality, scale and humour. And I am delighted that the project has attracted such a brilliant cast, as well as the wonderful director James Strong (Broadchurch).”

From There to Here is produced by Tim Bricknell (The Fear, Eric And Ernie), executive produced by Derek Wax (Occupation, The Hour) and Peter Bowker (Occupation, Eric And Ernie) for Kudos Film & Television and executive produced by Stephen Wright, Head of Drama BBC Northern Ireland.

From There To Here is directed by James Strong (Broadchurch, United) and was commissioned by Ben Stephenson, Controller BBC Drama Commissioning, and Danny Cohen, Director of Television, BBC (previously Controller BBC One).[/spoiler]

Jessie

Edit (Freitag, 4. Oktober 2013, 18.37 Uhr):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art…o=feeds-newsxml

[spoiler]FIRST LOOK: Life On Mars star Philip Glenister starts filming new BBC drama about horrific 1996 IRA bombing

By Marc Andrews

PUBLISHED: 15:42 GMT, 3 October 2013 | UPDATED: 17:31 GMT, 3 October 2013

Filming has commenced on the BBC's highly-anticipated From There To Here three-part drama, produced by the same team behind ITV's hit murder mystery series Broadchurch.

Some of the big names attached to the project, which looks at the devastating aftermath of the IRA bombing on Manchester in 1996, include Philip Glenister and Bernard Hill.

More than 200 people were injured by the largest peacetime bomb detonated in Britain, but remarkably, and thankfully, no one was killed.

Philip Glenister and Liz White filming on location in the Northern Quarter in Manchester for From There To Here, a BBC mini-series about the aftermath of the 1996 IRA bomb attack

With filming underway on the series from Thursday, Hilton Street has now been transformed to represent the outside of the Arndale shopping centre, with debris spread across the road.

From There To Here author Peter Bowker has described the TV drama as a 'love letter to Manchester'.

The bombing took place in the summer of 1996 while the Euro96 football tournament was taking place.

Destruction centre! 'From There to Here' filming about the IRA bomb set of in Manchester city centre in 1996

Attention to detaiil! The BBC has spared no expense to make From There To Here gruesomely realistic

Walking through the ruins! Bernard Hill (left) and Steven MacKintosh on the set of From There to Here

In the fallout from the bombing, some good was achieved in that it resulted in a major regeneration project being in Manchester.

Some of the other names attached to From There to Here include well-respected actor Steven Mackintosh, Dr Who's Liz White and Hunted's Morven Christie.

The mini-series is due to air on BBC1 in 2014.

All hands on deck! From There To Here is widely tipped to be one of the BBC's big marquee shows for 2014 [/spoiler]

Mit Dank an Emmie/TRA.

Jessie

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jessie« (4. Oktober 2013, 18:38)

Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2014, 00:20

Jetzt "Louder than bombs"

Die Serie heißt jetzt "Louder than bombs", schreibt Morven Christie in einem Tweet.

(Mit Dank an @MissMorven und @PhilGFans auf Twitter.)

https://twitter.com/MissMorven/statuses/433316996651163648

Jessie

Freitag, 11. April 2014, 23:02

Wer am 7.5. abends um dreiviertel 7 noch nichts vorhat, kann sich das BAFTA-Screening der 1. Folge (nehm ich mal an) von "From There to Here" ansehen, mit anschließendem Q&A mit Cast & Crew.

https://bafta.ticketsolve.com/shows/8735…40b18d942b360c1

Leider, leider kann ich genau in der Woche nicht freinehmen, da ich schon Urlaubsvertretung schieben muß ... *seufz*

Interessant, daß die Serie jetzt doch wieder als "From There to Here" betitelt wird.

Mit Dank an den TRA Twitter!

Jessie

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jessie« (11. April 2014, 23:16)

Donnerstag, 24. April 2014, 20:39

Wie's aussieht, kommt "From there to here" im Mai in's TV:

IMT TV/Film ‏@InsideMediaTrk
From There To Here starring Philip Glenister is due to air on BBC One in May. #FromThereToHere http://insidemediatrack.com/2013/09/phil…-there-to-here/
10:00 AM - 23 Apr 2014

Mit Dank an TheOofOof für den Retweet.

Jessie

Dienstag, 18. November 2014, 10:14

Soundtrack

The Railway Arms retweetete
I Am Kloot Club @IamKlootClub · 13. Okt.
‘From There To Here’ Out 24th November On Caroline Records, it will be available at @WhiskySessions before release
I Am Kloot Club, I Am Kloot, The Whisky Sessions und Recordstore.co.uk

The Railway Arms retweetete
I Am Kloot Club @IamKlootClub · 10. Okt.
Signed "From There to Here" LP / CD available to pre-order from @recordstore https://www.recordstore.co.uk/search.html?term=I+Am+Kloot
(out 24/11/14)
https://www.recordstore.co.uk/search.html?term=I+Am+Kloot
I Am Kloot Club, I Am Kloot, Recordstore.co.uk und 7 andere

Jessie

LifeOnMars

Assistant Commissioner

Beruf: Anträgeschreiberin

• Private Nachricht senden

Freitag, 15. Mai 2015, 01:11

Zwei Familien, ein Leben wird die Mini-Serie auf deutsch dann heißen:

http://www.wunschliste.de/serie/zwei-familien-ein-leben
My name is Sam Tyler. DCI Sam Tyler.
That much I do know! The rest is anyone's guess.
Because one minute I was in 2006, the next I'm in 1973!!!
So the question now is: What happened? Why am I here?

Freitag, 15. Mai 2015, 09:45

ARTE hat wohl Phil-Wochen. :D Im April lief schon "Bel Ami" (hab's nur leider erst nachher gemerkt, sonst hätte ich es schon hier gepostet), jetzt also "From There to Here".

Der deutsche Titel ist zwar mal wieder sehr frei gewählt, aber er beschreibt den Inhalt doch besser als der englische. Vielleicht sind die deutschen Zuschauer dann nicht ganz so verwirrt über den Inhalt wie z. B. ich bei der Premiere im englischen Fernsehen, ich hatte aufgrund der Ankündigungen mit Bombenanschlag usw. doch was ganz anderes erwartet.

Jessie

LifeOnMars

Assistant Commissioner

Beruf: Anträgeschreiberin

• Private Nachricht senden

Freitag, 5. Juni 2015, 13:06

Phils deutsche Synchronstimme war sehr gewöhnungsbedürftig, meiner Meinung nach.

Immerhin habe ich doch durchgehalten und alle drei Folgen geguckt. Bei der UK-Erstaustrahlung hatte ich nach der ersten Folge aufgegeben, weil ich vollkommen andere Erwartungen an die Serie hatte. Jetzt wusste ich ja, dass es mehr eine Familiengeschichte ist, als nur eine Geschichte über die Bombe. So richtig gepackt hat mich die Serie dann auch erst bei der dritten Folge. Irgendwie war das Ganze halt nicht so rund. Ging es um die Bombe, um Robbo und seine Schulden, um die Beziehung von Daniel und Joanne??? Es waren einfach zu viele Baustellen und kein richtiger Schwerpunkt erkennbar in den beiden ersten Folgen. Erst die dritte Folge machte Fom There to Here zu einer Familiengeschichte über drei/vier Generationen, wo sich Parallelen abzeichneten.
My name is Sam Tyler. DCI Sam Tyler.
That much I do know! The rest is anyone's guess.
Because one minute I was in 2006, the next I'm in 1973!!!
So the question now is: What happened? Why am I here?

Sonntag, 7. Juni 2015, 21:35

Und, wer hat's wieder nicht gesehen? Genau ... Ich dachte, ich hätte es längst programmiert, aber ... war wohl nicht so. Ups! Und dabei hatte ich extra noch vor 8 Uhr abends das EPG durchsucht, was um 8 so alles kommt wegen Feiertag. Peinlich!!

Naja, aber dafür gibt's ja ARTE + 7, da kann man sich sowohl die deutsche als auch die französische Version in 3 verschiedenen Auflösungen holen (leider nur 720 p als HD, aber vermutlich gibt's keine bessere, es gibt ja auch keine Blu-ray der Serie). Ich hätt's eigentlich gern von ARTE HD aufgenommen, ich finde z. B. grad die Anfangssequenzen toll, wo man Manchester von oben sieht. Aber 720 p reichen auch.

Und ja, Phils Stimme ist sehr gewöhnungsbedürftig. Ich finde es auch sehr schade, daß er nicht einen festen Sprecher hat hier, aber dafür ist er wohl leider immer noch zu unbekannt in Deutschland.

Ich hab's mir jetzt nicht nochmal von vorn bis hinten angesehen, aber ich fand die Miniserie leider auch ziemlich unausgegoren. Hatte mir viel mehr erwartet, nicht nur bezüglich der Geschichte mit der Bombe, sondern auch von der Story her. Naja, jetzt hoffe ich auf Prey 2, LOL!

Jessie